The tiny guy was found slithering on the tile in our hallway, but not getting anywhere fast. Threadsnakes usually live underground — this one must have squeezed it’s way through a crack in the floor and tile grout to find his way inside, so was likely very lost. After getting him to pose for a few pictures, he was gently released outside where he could find his way back underground.
“At present, the Voyager 1 spacecraft is 21 billion kilometers from Earth, or about 141 times the distance between the Earth and Sun. It has, in fact, moved beyond our Solar System into interstellar space. However, we can still communicate with Voyager across that distance…. ”
I guess I don’t blame them, the nights have been getting rather cool lately and I’m sure the garage was much warmer than it was outside. But it’s not safe for them to stay in there, so we resorted to carefully picking them up and relocating them elsewhere.
This photo is of Angela gently carrying them across the yard. A lot easier said than done as they were in constant motion the entire time.
Went out onto the back porch to water the plants tonight and found this guy hanging out in the pot of Wandering Jew. He may not look it here, but he is not small. His body, tip of his nose to his hind legs, is about as long as my hand, finger tips to wrist. Even so, I didn’t see him until I started putting water into the pot. I’m not sure he appreciated the bath.
- In electrifying advance, researchers create circuit within living plants t.co/Y4SLBo3ILo ->
- NASA Awards Two Robots to University Groups for R&D Upgrades t.co/LiMfBsvFEO ->
- Granddady Mantis in our Front Yard t.co/YzRSqO4WSR t.co/dVWSEsVO6K ->
- New detector perfect for asteroid mining t.co/TOJ1C4xZ1N ->
- Satellite wars t.co/fPsybiRecc ->
- Space Florida hoping NASA becomes presidential issue t.co/VjZ4iSlcSQ ->
- Netflix is developing a Lost in Space remake t.co/RF8Denm3Ku ->
- I'm not sure why, but I get the feeling that the last four articles I tweeted are somehow related. ->
- Flyer-fighters! Firemen in Dubai are to be issued with JETPACKS t.co/tYSSKkjUVd ->
- Comet Catalina To Pass By Earth For The Final Time t.co/zZD34OWE1m ->
- Spaghetti Strainer Helmet Driver’s License Photo Approved On Religious Grounds t.co/gdtiHBF5ny ->
- Leading Harvard physicist has a radical new theory for why humans exist t.co/YFxZtxa7kF ->
- Blueberry picking robot could win $250,000 prize t.co/lXBHKGkcqJ ->
- Facebook Kills the Inbox You Didn't Know You Had t.co/m4tjiKepjj ->
- Holographic acoustic elements for manipulation of levitated objects t.co/TclSrpGxpF ->
- The Popular Over-The-Counter Cold Medicine That Science Says Doesn't Work t.co/NkeN3Kau8b ->
- Nurses Create in a Medical Makerspace t.co/4NVTQpATmx ->